Diabetes HQ - Stress Less, Travel more
A topic I am often asked about is, how to dispose of sharps?
- pen needles
- lancet device (finger pricker)
- pump infusion sets (needle only section)
- to have a strong, light container with a secure lid to prevent them falling out and a needle stick injury occurring.
Places to dispose of needles:
- Most major airports and train have disposal units near or in the toilets.
- Major hospitals have sharps disposal units
- Doctors surgeries
Happy travels from Diabetes HQ, love to hear about any travel stories and managing diabetes. We learn from you!!